Smoke on the Lake BBQ Festival is an annual tradition that Acworth, Kennesaw and Marietta residents enjoy each Mother’s Day Weekend in Logan Farm Park. The North Cobb Rotary Club organizes and holds this charity fundraiser event. All net proceeds go to charities in our community. Friday night features a concert under the stars. Great weather, great music, great BBQ and Cold Beer. Smoke on the Lake brings 20+ Amateur Backyard BBQ Teams that work very hard to cook Wings on Friday night and Pork on Saturday for a hungry crowd.
North Cobb Rotary partners with the City of Acworth and the Acworth Business Association (ABA) to insure the success of this event. City Staff including Mayor Tommy Allegood, City Manager James Albright and Police Chief Wayne Dennard lead their staffs in the support of Smoke on the Lake and North Cobb Rotary is grateful for their support.
5:00 pm - 10:00 pm Friday
The LORD OF THE WINGS contest Friday night pits the BBQ teams against each other so the attendees’ judge “who’s got the best wings”! Hungry patrons purchase “Taster Tickets from friendly North Cobb Rotarians and then test the cook teams wings on Friday night and vote for the best wings with their “Gold” tickets. There are other food options provided by 1885 Grill and Williamson Brothers BBQ and other food vendors.
SOLUTION REVOLUTION will perform ’60s, ’70s and ’80s hits from 8pm to 10pm Friday night. There will be two beer tents sponsored by Elder Law and Bay Equity featuring Acworth’s own Red Top Brewhouse beer (served cold). You can buy a 6-seat table for $100 on this website or listen to the free concert on a blanket on the lawn.
11:00 AM - 4:00 PM SATURDAY
Saturday features our PEOPLES’ CHOICE PORK contest. Cook teams compete with their pulled pork and patrons vote with their gold tickets for their favorite pork. The cook teams also compete on chicken and ribs with judges from the Georgia Barbeque Association (GBA). Patrons purchase Taster Tickets from friendly North Cobb Rotarians.
Rotary Club of North Cobb hosts the Annual Smoke on the Lake BBQ Festival Charity Fundraiser in partnership with the City of Acworth and the Acworth Business Association. Thousands attend to enjoy BBQ cooked by competitive backyard cook teams. All net proceeds go to charitable groups and organizations.
- 10 Women of Hope
- Acworth Art House
- Acworth Community Garden
- Acworth Police Community Foundation
- Center for Children & Young Adults (CCYA)
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA)
- City of Acworth Senior Holiday Lunch
- City of Kennesaw Senior Lunches
- Cobb County Schools Foundation
- Cobb County Veteran’s Memorial
- Cobb County Veterans Treatment and Accountability Court
- Cobb Sheriff’s Foundation
- Cobb Thanks You for Your Service Veterans Program
- Davis Direction & Zone
- Devereux Behavioral Health Georgia
- Dignity Project to Keep Girls in School
- Forever Fed
- Horizon Special Needs Field
- Kennesaw Public Safety Foundation
- Live Safe Resources
- Mountain Top Boys Home
- Must Ministries
- Northwest YMCA Summer Feeding Program
- Northwest YMCA
- Pine Mountain Middle School
- Power of Peace Leadership Program
- Rescuing Hope
- Rotary Interact Clubs at North Cobb High School and other local high schools
- S.H.A.R.E. Military Initiative
- The Men’s and Women’s Extension
- Veteran’s Luncheon