The 12th Annual Smoke on the Lake BBQ Festival
May 6th & 7th, 2022
5 pm – 10 pm Friday
11 am – 4 pm Saturday
Logan Farm Park, Acworth, GA
Smoke on the Lake BBQ Festival is an annual tradition that Acworth, Kennesaw and Marietta residents enjoy each Mother’s Day Weekend in Logan Farm Park. The North Cobb Rotary Club organizes and holds this charity fundraiser event. All net proceeds go to charities in our community. Friday night features a concert under the stars. Great weather, great music, great BBQ and Cold Beer. Smoke on the Lake brings 20+ Amateur Backyard BBQ Teams that work very hard to cook Wings on Friday night and Pork on Saturday for a hungry crowd.
North Cobb Rotary partners with the City of Acworth and the Acworth Business Association (ABA) to insure the success of this event. City Staff including Mayor Tommy Allegood, City Manager James Albright and Police Chief Wayne Dennard lead their staffs in the support of Smoke on the Lake and North Cobb Rotary is grateful for their support.
5pm - 10pm Friday
The Lord of the Wings contest Friday night pits the BBQ teams against each other so the attendees’ judge “who’s got the best wings”! Hungry patrons purchase “Taster Tickets from friendly North Cobb Rotarians and then test the cook teams wings on Friday night and vote for the best wings with their “Gold” tickets. There are other food options provided by 1885 Grill and Williamson Brothers BBQ and other food vendors.
Georgia Players Guild performs Creedence Clearwater Revival hit songs from 8pm to 10pm Friday night. There will be two beer tents sponsored by Elder Law and Bay Equity featuring Acworth’s own Red Top Brewhouse beer (served cold). You can buy a 6-seat table for $100 on this website or listen to the free concert on a blanket on the lawn.
11AM - 4PM SATURDAY
Saturday features our Tasters Choice Pork Competition. Cook teams compete with their pulled pork and patrons vote with their gold tickets for their favorite pork. The cook teams also compete on chicken and ribs with judges from the Georgia Barbeque Association (GBA). Patrons purchase Taster Tickets from friendly North Cobb Rotarians.
Rotary Club of North Cobb hosts the Annual Smoke on the Lake BBQ Festival Charity Fundraiser in partnership with the City of Acworth and the Acworth Business Association. Thousands attend to enjoy BBQ cooked by competitive backyard cook teams. All net proceeds go to charitable groups and organizations.
- Broken Shackle Ranch Boys Home in Davisboro GA
- Character Education at Kennesaw Mountain High School
- Center for Children and Young Adults
- Cobb Christmas Inc.
- Cobb County and Kennesaw Police Explorers
- Cobb County Safety Village
- Cobb County Schools Foundation After School Program
- Cobb County Veterans Accountability Court
- Davis Direction Foundation and The Zone
- Eagle Scout projects at local parks including Green Meadows Preserve and Leone Hall Price Park
- Ford Elementary Mentoring
- Forever Fed Food Distribution at Superior Creek Lodge
- High School Special Education Students
- Horizon Field in Acworth – Special Needs Sports Field
- Interact Club Sponsorships at Kennesaw Mountain, Allatoona, and North Cobb High Schools
- Kennesaw Teen Center
- liveSAFE Resources (Formerly Northwest GA YWCA)
- McClure Middle School Teachers and Students
- Modern Widows Club
- Mountain Top Boys Home
- New Beginnings Food Outreach
- Northwest YMCA Summer Lunch Program
- Operation Snatch Back
- Rescuing Hope
- Rotary Interact Clubs in local high schools
- S.H.A.R.E. Military Initiative at Shepherd Center
- Special Needs Development Acworth Police Department Horizon Field
- Special Needs Field Day at Kennesaw Mountain High School
- The Men’s Extension
- The Power of Peace Project
- The Women’s Extension
- The Zone – Davis Direction Foundation